Salomon Women's Instinct Cs Downhill Boot 2010
ADVANCED SHELL TECHNOLOGYNew generation of low profile ski boots based on second skin shell, second skin last, Spaceframe shell profile and dynamic Energyzer for improved fit and performance.
POLYPROPYLENEA thermoplastic polymer that is rugged and resistant to fatigue.
SENSITIVE LINERSoft sole under metatarsals for great forefoot sensitivity. Leather textured liner for pure sensations and foot envelopment. Sealed seams and 100% waterproof.
POLYURETHANE/ PUMaintains high resistance to cold temperatures allowing ski boots to maintain flex rating on the slopes. This means that the boots can be made stronger while being manufactured thinner. It is also used for flexible gips on ski poles.
MICRO ADJUSTABLE BUCKLEThis buckle features an adjustable bail. The positioning of the adjust on the buckle can vary by brand. The intended purpose is to allow for precise fit to the skiers foot. It allows for adjustment between the teeth on the ladder.
CUSTOM SHELLThe custom shell is about performance. Kaprolene, a plastic material, allows the boot to be molded around your foot which achieves comfort and performance.
KaproleneKaprolene performs identically to standard polyurethane plastic, but becomes pliable when heated.
- SKIER ABILITY: Expert
- SHELL COMPOSITION and CUFF: Bi-material PU lower shell, Bi-material PP upper cuff
- CLOSURE/ENTRY SYSTEM(S): 4x Micro Adjustable Buckles & 35 mm Strap
- LINER: Sensitive liner, my custom fit pro, neoprene toe box
- ADJUSTMENT: Double canting
- FLEX INDEX: 90
- Specific women's cuff and liner to better fit women's calves
- Product ID#: 23382336
- Vendor Style#: 101116
Alpine Ski Boots Sizing Guide
Finding the right size ski boot comes down to Mondopoint sizing, a scale based on the length of your foot in centimeters from heel to the tip of your big toe. Try tracing your foot on a piece of paper for the most accurate measurement. Use this measurement along with the following chart to help choose your ski boot size.
Alpine Ski Boot Size Chart
|Mondopoint (Comfort Fit)||Mondopoint (Performance Fit)||Men / Unisex (US)||Women (US)||Europe||UK|
Choose the right fit by ensuring a snug overall feel, where your toes can still wiggle and the heel does not slip.
Based on your skill level, here are a few additional things to consider:
Beginner to Intermediate
- Style: Slower pace with more restraint and caution
- Terrain: Bunny slopes and well-groomed hills
- Ideal Flex: Men's 60-80 | Women's 50-70
*Choose your Mondopoint size or go a ½ size larger
Intermediate to Advanced
- Style: Medium to fast pace with growing confidence
- Terrain: All mountain, well-groomed hills, park and backcountry
- Ideal Flex: Men's 85-100 | Women's 65-90
*Choose your Mondopoint size or go a ½ size smaller
- Style: Fast, aggressive pace with total confidence
- Terrain: All types
- Ideal Flex: Men's 105-130 | Women's 85-110
*Choose a ½ to 1 size smaller than your Mondopoint size